Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wonderful, amazing

So this is the part where I get to brag about my kids.  I completely understand if you want to stop reading right now. 

The last couple weeks, Isaac has just been amazing us with how big and 'grown up' he is getting.  his list of accomplishments are as follows (and again, I understand if you need to stop reading now-parental bragging is usually nauseating to everyone but parents and grandparents):

1)  Starting to speak more regularly in sentences-and not just repeating what we say.  The other day he held up a toy that he has not played with in a long time, but he used to play with it ALL THE TIME and Isaac picked it up and said, "Remember this Mommy, Remember this toy?". . . . um. . . okay, I do remember it, but how do you. . . and where did you learn to talk???

2)  Can hang from just about anything.  This is thanks to Mary (daycare) because she has this wonderful swing set and it has a bar swing (not sure if that is the right term, but I think you get the picture) and he stand on this little chair, grabs the bar and 'jumps' off the chair and hangs/swings. . . .so now at the park the bars are a close second behind swinging!!  Maybe this isn't that amazing to everyone else, but in my minds eye, Isaac is 6 months and still my baby!!

3)  Isaac is starting to sing songs on his own, totally out of the blue.  On any given day at any given moment, he will be singing Jesus Loves Me, Do Your Ears Hang Low, Twinkle Twinkle, and Have Patience - and sometimes they are all mixed together!!  It is the most adorable thing and I am amazed at his ability to remember songs. . . . well, Jesus Loves Me he should know forward and backwards since we have sang (sung?) it to him thousands of times since he was born!!!  But the others. . . wow!!!

Okay, I could continue, but I will stop for now. . . . . oh one more thing, lest you think I have forgotten my sweet daughter.
Her talent is being the cutest little girl ever!!  Look at those lips!!  Her go to expression now is to tuck her lips in. . . . LOVE IT!!

No comments: