Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sun shining, clean car and bloody noses

True story:

I'm at lunch with Mark today. 

We go to the gas station to fill up ($3.31/gallon - not cool) and get the van washed because it is sunny and 32 and around here that means no coats, car washes and flip flops (OK, so no to the flip flops with the 400" of snow still everywhere, but you get my point. . . right?  Hello?). 

Mark is about to get out and fill up the van when he turns to me and says, "You have a bloody nose," and then he gets out of the van. 

Ummmmm, okay. . . 1) how did I not notice I had a bloody nose? 2) I love how nonchalant Mark is about this fact.  It's like, "Oh hey honey, there is a piece of lint on your shirt and your nose is bleeding, in case you were wondering."  3) My nose was bleeding out of only one side - the side that I have not been able to breathe out of all day - yeahumsurewhynot.

In other breaking news, my daughter decided this morning she needed to bond with her mommy for 1 hour and 30 minutes. . . . . typically, not a big deal. . . but from 4:15 - 5:45 AM I prefer to bond with my pillow and comfy bed. 

And finally, tomorrow is Friday, my favorite day of the week.  I am wishing for a huge pile of money to get dumped on my doorstep, my 2003 Honda Odyssey to turn into a 2011 Honda Odyssey (yes I am that lame) and that our house will magically have new siding on it.  But *if* none of that happens - it will still be a great day!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: