Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seeking the Dreamer

I know it has been a while since my last post.  I also know I have yet to share my outrageous hair pics and since I just got a pretty drastic haircut the other day, I will try to post of picture of that too.

BUT. . . . can I just tell on God for a little bit?  I try my hardest for this blog to be real and open and about who I really am and who I am trying to become.  I am a wife, mother, employee, woman who loves to read, hates to clean, is a wee bit sarcastic every now and again and often occasionally sticks her foot in her mouth.  I am also a Christian, which should define me more than any other role.

I love to dream.  Ask my parents.  As a child/teenager, I had HUGE dreams and plans. . . but would be unable to get my homework for the next day done.  Too much head in the clouds and too little feet on the ground.

I would love to say I have learned better and in a lot of ways I have.  But I think what has changed more is my dreams.  I tend to dream realistically now.  I dream of the day the kids go to school, the day we can go on a big all out family vacation, I dream of my kids getting married, having babies.  I dream of Mark & I traveling when we are empty-nesters. 

In the past few months I have felt a drawing to something more.  More of what, I don't know.  But recent events have caused me to look back to a time in my life where I dreamed really big dreams and I wonder if God has plans for me in that. 

I was recently talking to a youth pastor from Ohio who said to me, "Seek the Dreamer and He will restore your dreams." 

God is the ultimate Dreamer.  He dreams about us before we were born, He dreams about our future.  I have to believe that God gifts us with our gifts and callings for a purpose and the dreams He gives line up with those gifts.

I too often have sought after the dream, instead of the Dreamer.  I want my dreams, the realistic, the huge, the small, and the crazy all to line up with the Dreamer. 

I have started to more intentionally seek the Dreamer and in the last few weeks, I feel like God is restoring my dreams.  God has moved me in some small ways and some big ways to get me where He wants me.  My prayer is to continue to seek the Dreamer as I work towards my dreams.  My prayer is that I would be a reflection of Him in everything I do. 

Who do you seek?  What do you dream?

No comments: