Friday, May 20, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring. . .

Seriously, why does it have to rain this weekend?  Although I am so ready for the weekend, it doesn't kill my mood too much. 

WARNING:  Random Post

*I am working at my 2nd seasonal job at a greenhouse tomorrow and Sunday, but if the weather is crummy, I may not be working as long.  Either way, it is a fun job and although I miss the kids a ton, I still get time with them both days-just not as much as normal weekends.

*Some friends are coming to stay with us tonight.  Jason is running on a relay team for the Fargo Marathon - better him than me!  They have 2 little boys, so the kids should have a blast playing together.

*Last night we learned why having a birthday party in the evening right up until bedtime is a bad idea. . . . let's just say that after a few "I can't believe I just did that" moments in parenting, taking away a toy for today and countless times out of bed, Isaac fell asleep around 8:50pm. . . . ugh. 

We are struggling with how to deal with a few certain behaviors - whining being the main one.  Isaac is such a good kid and I have said before, I think that almost makes his bad behavior worse because we are just not used to it!  His whining in the last few weeks has reached an all time high and what has worked in the past is no longer working.  So, back to the drawing board.  He responds really well to incentives and positive praise.  Sticker charts have worked in the past for things like staying in bed and going to bed like a 'big boy', so maybe we can figure out how to use one for whining or the lack of whining.

*Went to get my stitches out today and found out my arm is infected, so 10 days of antibiotics here I come. . . . .just hoping my arm is healed by the time I have to have the excision on my back. . .if not, I do not know how I will sleep since my first one was on my left arm and the one on my back is on my back/right side.  Oh well, I am so very thankful to be catching this stuff now.

Well, that is the end of my random post - have a great weekend!

No comments: