Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home Alone. . . .AHHH!

For the first time since I have had kids, I will have 24 hours alone. . . no spouse, no kids. . . .just me. 

Mark is going on his annual ice fishing trip with a good friend and so Friday night and part of Saturday it will just be me and the kids (take a moment and pray for our sanity).  Then Grandma and Grandpa come to the rescue get the kids and I have Saturday night and part of Sunday alone!

The thought is somewhat overwhelming actually as I am not quite sure what to do with myself anymore when it's just me.

Is that sad?  Or normal?

I am looking forward to the time though - I think I get so used to constantly having people around that I have forgotten the joy of alone time and how therapeutic  it can be.

So, I am trying to think of ideas of what to do.  I know I will go to the library and get a good book (yes, I am a nerd who loves to read) and I plan to rent at least one chick flick, but after that. . . . . my temptation is I should spend the time being productive and finish some projects I have at home, like:

1)  Actually have all out clothes put away in appropriate closets and dressers, instead of hanging in the laundry room and folded on the bed in the guest room.  Yes, it's sad and annoying and I still have yet to motivate myself to change it.

2)  Hang up pictures in our bedroom - bare walls drive me nuts and yet since we moved in we have gotten no further (or is it farther?) than bring the pictures into the bedroom and setting them on the floor.

3)  Pack up all the kids clothes that are too small and bring to Once Upon a Child or thrift store. 

4)  Scrub tub.  (okay in all honesty, I highly highly doubt I will run out of enough things to do that this would be at the top of my list. . . .but seriously it needs to be cleaned!!)

5)  Go through all the kids toys and pack up toys they no longer use or that are missing pieces and throw or bring to thrift store.

6)  Go grocery shopping for food that makes sense to have on hand so I can make an actual meal that makes sense instead of having hot dogs, PB & J, and grapes for supper.  Seriously.

7)  Paint our downstairs bathroom.  It is neon blue - ya, not kidding.  I am sure the people who lived there before us were wonderful people, but seriously enough with the blue.  Six rooms in our house were blue when we moved in.  There are now only 4 1/2 that are blue (I know, we have a lot of work to do), but this neon shade of blue has got to be the next to go.

8)  Decide on color for downstairs bathroom.  Okay, so perhaps this item on the list should be before painting, but I think we all know that by this point on the list. . . I am not getting any of this stuff done this weekend!

If you have ideas of things I should do this weekend or if you just want to live vicariously through me (as I do through people who go on vacations with or without kids, or who no longer have to change any diapers - ever), feel free to let me know!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

I think you should go to a book store or coffee shop and read and sip a latte. :)

Although, I kind of like painting (in theory) so I might just skip right on down to that one on the list.