Thursday, June 24, 2010

From 7:30-8:20pm. . .

. . . is our time alone with Isaac.  Piper is usually sleeping by then and so its just me, Mark & Bubba time.  There is something really sweet and special about getting to dedicate some time with just him, our firstborn.  Now I am not saying at all that he is favored or loved more than Piper or any crazy notion like that-so if you are thinking that I will pause so you can close out of this blog. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . okay, back to what I was saying.  Having kids as close together as we did is great in a lot of ways, but I sometimes feel like I (we) miss out on alone time with our kids because of it. 

So, at night we play play doh and/or race track and/or hide under the covers and/or roll a ball off the tape measure (usually all of the above since Isaac's attention span varies) and tonight was especially fun because Isaac wanted to play 'sleep' - so we all climbed in the guest room bed, pulled the covers over us and pretended to sleep.  Isaac thought this was hilarious. . . and Mark & I enjoyed the laying down part. . . it was almost like a mini-vacation!

I have also started to notice when he has more undivided attention he talks in longer sentences and seems to be much more verbal. . . which is hard to imagine since he talks all the time anyways.

A few minutes before Daddy took him back to bed to read books, say prayers, etc., Isaac was sitting in our new $100 chair (another story) and he just looked at me and smiled. . . .then hopped off the chair, walked over and said, "kiss Mommy". . . . .oh how I love this boy.

No comments: