Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why Delighted and Peaceful?

I have been thinking the last few days about the title of my blog and the description of my kids. . . .and being me I have been over thinking it.  Is it a good title, is it a good description of my kids, am I really as scattered as I come across on my blog, and really what is the point of my blog?  Yes, I know. . . over thinking.

So, I thought I would share in both picture and word the answers I have come up with so far.  We went to the lake this weekend to spend time together as a family and with my parents and my brother and his boys.  There were so many fun moments that will forever be hidden away as memories and there were many stressful moments that I am sure I will blog about later. . . and they too will forever be memories.  Life is not only about the fun perfect memories-it is about the mix of the good and the bad and hopefully in the end, there are more good than bad.

Okay, so back to my questions and answers:

Is it a good title?



Looking at this picture, yes I think it is.  No, I am not always feeling delighted and peaceful. . . . some days I can hardly get to sorta happy and not panicked.  But the more I look at my kids and think about the reason I wanted to start a blog, I think I will stick with my title.  It is something for me to strive for to find delight and peace in my life, not only when I look at my kids, but in all areas.

Is this a good description of my kids?



This is Isaac waving to Piper, making her laugh after waking up from his nap in the car.  And yes, he is just sitting there in a t-shirt, diaper, socks and shoes-his shorts got wet at the Mississippi Headwaters.  But this is my son, happy from the moment he wakes up until you try to get him to go to sleep.  He is energetic 100% of the time and always ready to learn something new.  He is a delight in every sense of the word.



This is Piper with her cousin Riley who is 7, soon to be 8.  She sat and played with him (more like him with her) for at least 30 minutes.  She was so content to watch his face and play with a ball and hear him talk to her.  She babbled on and on, the two of them enjoying a nice conversation that only kids can.  She loves being with people and is content to just soak in their presence.  She is content even when active and she has the quickest smile that makes you feel like you are so special to her.  

Do I come across as a scatter brained nut on my posts?

Yes. . . .sometimes, but then again I am scatter brained and a little nutty, so I am just keeping it real!

What is the purpose of my blog?







Need I say anymore?  Well, of course I don't need to, but I will. 

I wanted to start a blog for a number of reasons.  I heard an interview with Kate Goesslin (not sure on spelling and this is not an endorsement for or against her-she has enough issues without me weighing in!) on her new book.  She said she wrote it because she wanted her kids to have something concrete to look back on so they would know what she felt and thought at that point in their lives.  Now, I am not going to turn this into a book, but the idea of the kids having a glimpse of me and our life as a family at this point in our lives appeals to me in so many ways.  I hate my picture being taken (for reasons exhibited in above photo-notice the crazy looking bangs), so I am not in many pictures, but this is a way I can share myself with them.  Make sense?  Oh it doesn't. . . .too bad, it makes sense to me!

Also, writing in my blog gives me the chance to make time for something I have loved to do for a long time but never taken the time to do.  I feel like I owe my reader(s) (I know I always have at least one-Mark!) to post something every day or at least every other. 

So there you have it-even if you didn't want it.  Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my crazy mind. 

No comments: