Friday, June 18, 2010

Magazine Junkie

I will admit it. . . I love magazines.  If I had all the money in the world I would have subsciptions to People (yes I know its tacky and full of celebrity mumbo jumbo, but really. . .have you ever not read the cover or flipped through it while standing in line at Walmart for 45 minutes because they only have 2 lines open when there are 1000 people in the store-why don't they open, oh I don't know another 5 lines. . . . at least. . . they have 25 registers. . . what for?????  But I digress-sorry.), Redbook, Allure, Real Simple, Rachel Ray, Ladies Home Journal (no I'm not 90. . . but they have really good articles in there), and on and on and on.

Here's my problem though-I am too broke cheap thrifty to spend the $12-$50/year per magazine subscription, but buying them randomly in the store at $5 a shot seems just crazy too. . . . so I live in this in between world of wishing I could be the proud subscriber to numerous publications, but lo and behold, food for the kids, mortgages, cars, clothes, etc. take precedence for now.  Darn it!

Cart Safety 101 (yes I know this is random, but just indulge me):  Do not let your 4/5 year old son lay face down on the bottom of your Walmart shopping cart.  His desire to touch the wheels will not be quenched by you telling him, "now honey don't touch the wheels".  Only the agonizing pinch of wheel will teach that lesson. . . but really is this lesson worth teaching??  And mom/dad, your response to your screaming child of, "well honey I told you not to touch them" makes me want to punch you in the face. . . and then stick your finger in the wheel.

No comments: